Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Website (i) directly from you when you provide it to us and (ii) automatically as you navigate through the site.
- Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete through the Website.
- Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Western Mass currently uses Google Analytics to track such data, and has disabled such tracking from locations within the European Economic Area.
Automatically collecting information helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that count users who have visited those pages or provide other related website statistics.
The Website does not respond to “Do Not Track” requests.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To enforce the terms and conditions of any agreement between you and Western Mass.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Selling Your Information
We will not sell you information to any third party for any purpose. However, we reserve the right to transfer your information, including personal information, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Western Mass’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which information, including personal information, held by Western Mass about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
Sharing Your Information
We may share without restriction aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual.
We may also share your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe sharing it is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Western Mass, our customers, or others.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If you would like to review or change personal information you have provided, including your email address or contact preference, you can do so by emailing us at [email protected]
The security of your personal information is important to Western Mass. We have implemented reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to protect the information, including personal information, Western Mass receives from users of its Website, as well as other such information on Western Mass’s servers. As discussed above, we require third parties with whom we share personal information to adopt similar precautions to protect personal information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Western Mass may occasionally provide links to other entities’ websites for your convenience. When you follow links to other websites, please remember that you are leaving Western Mass’s Website, and that these websites are maintained by organizations that Western Mass does not control. Western Mass is not responsible for the privacy practices of any third-party site.
Children Under the Age of 13
Western Mass understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy in an interactive online world. The Western Mass Website is not designed for or intentionally targeted at children under thirteen (13) years of age, nor is it Western Mass’s policy to intentionally collect information about anyone under the age of thirteen (13). No one under the age of thirteen (13) should submit any personal information to Western Mass through its Website.