Things To Do In Western Mass
When it comes to travel and things to do in a new area, you don’t ask a tourist; you ask a local. That’s why we’re here. Explore Western Mass is created by locals who love our community and all it has to offer. We know the best places to visit alone, as a couple, as a group or as a family. So let’s get going and Explore Western Mass!
Art and Culture
We’re the people who grew up dreaming of being enshrined in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, so we know exactly how hard your 12-year-old’s heart is pounding when she steps onto its fabled hardwood. We grew up in households that constantly smelled of Yankee Candle goodness, to the point where even the faintest whiff of French Vanilla makes our hearts and minds turn nostalgic.
Even now as adults, we take our own children to play and explore at local farms, amusement parks and corn mazes. And we realize on every excursion just how lucky we are to live in an area that’s filled with memory-making opportunities that delight our families and friends.
So, you want to know what to do and which places to go visit when you’re in Western Mass? Let us be your unofficial tour guides.
- Love festival fun? You’ll want to put a trip to the Big E, the largest fair in the northeast, on your “Things To Do in Western Mass” list.
- Want to travel back in time to the Colonial era? Historic Deerfield is one of our favorite places to go in Western Mass when we want to combine historical exploration with the world-class goodness and flavor of Champney’s Restaurant and Tavern.
- Can Six Flags New England provide the largest THRILLS? Sure can! Six Flags New England offers more rides, slides, and attractions than any other theme park in New England. The park boasts over 100 attractions and is home to the region’s largest waterpark, Hurricane Harbor.
- Feeling like living on the edge a little? While Western Mass is filled with fun places to go and explore as a family, you can also enjoy more adult entertainment when you spend an evening trying your luck at the fantastically fun MGM Springfield Casino or taking part in a number of on-site activities like comedy clubs, golf simulators and, of course, shopping.
- Speaking of shopping, you may need to buy a little extra luggage to transport all the great deals you’re able to score during your visit. We’ve already mentioned our number one must-have, candles that will make you think fondly of your vacation each time you light them. Yankee Candle and Kringle Candle Company both produce a wide amazing scents and shopping their local flagship stores is an experience on its own. Western Mass is also home to Holyoke Mall, the area’s largest retail shopping and entertainment center, to outlet malls and to farm fresh shopping experiences that let you take the area’s unique flavor home with you.
That’s just a small sampling of the great things you can do, taste and explore in Western Mass. This area offers an abundance of riches for those who want to explore culture, art and nature.
Some of the finest and most unique museums in the country are located right here in Western Mass. While you can explore science and history to your heart’s content, we’re also particularly partial to The Amazing World of Dr. Seuss Museum for its ability to turn us all back into wide-eyed children again for a few hours.
Ready to get into the great outdoors? We’ve got the scoop on the best places to go, whether you want to hit some of the area’s most breathtaking ski slopes, try your hand (or paddle!) at kayaking and whitewater rafting, or just drive through some of the region’s finest fall foliage.
And, many of the people who vacation here decide the area’s just about right for them or their children to spend more time here – four-ish years more, to be exact.
Western Mass should rank high on your list when it comes to exploring collegiate options and planning college visits with your young adults. This area boasts a wide array of educational options – from technical programs to private universities to one of the storied and much-lauded Seven Sisters, Mount Holyoke College.
When it comes to knowing and loving Western Mass and all it has to offer, you’ve come to the right place. Let us help you find what you’re looking for and make your time spent in Western Mass full of unique and unforgettable experiences.
Best of Western Mass
Exclusive info and promotions sent directly to your inbox monthly.