- This event has passed.
Old Sturbridge Village, Celtic Celebration
March 18 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm EDT
In the early 19th century, skilled Irish immigrants came to Worcester County to work on the Blackstone Canal and the railroads. Join us today as we celebrate their cultural heritage through music, dance, storytelling, and poetry.
Special daytime Celtic Celebration-themed activities* include:
- A step-dance performance by Lee Irish Dance
- Dip a candle (additional $3 fee)
- Listen to a reading “The Rune of Saint Patrick”
- See a few Irish-themed artifacts from the OSV Museum Collection
- Listen to bagpipes and harp performances
*subject to change
|See Schedule for Saturday|
It’s also Maple Days and we’ll be showcasing the entire sugar-making process. Learn more about Maple Days here.