- This event has passed.
Sunderland, Riverside Park Paddle
July 13 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Join Connecticut River Conservancy Director Andy Fisk in a guided community paddle from the newly restored boat ramp in Sunderland. From the shadows of Mt. Sugarloaf explore this scenic stretch of the river, celebrating the progress we’ve made on the waterway and noting emerging challenges. BYO boat, equipment and on-water snacks.
This paddle is part of a full day of activities celebrating the newly opened Sunderland Riverside Park.
- 9:30am Riverside Park Ribbon cutting
- 10am CRC Guided Paddle (Pre-registration required: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/riverside-park-paddle-registration-60875066964)
- 10:15am River walk honoring the Native American history of the site with Sarah Pirtle and David Brule
- 10:30am Fishing clinic for beginners of all ages with the MassWildlife Angler Education Program
- Boat safety checks by the U.S. Coast Guard (morning)
- Sunderland vision board activity and citizen video interviews (morning)
- 12:30pm “River Songs” concert with Sara Snyder, Sarah Pirtle, Lynn Lovell, and Doug Tanner
- “Down by the Riverside,” an exhibit of art depicting the park (all day)
- 2pm Dynamic discussion on “Caretaking the Connecticut” with David Sagan of US Fish & Wildlife and Andy Fisk of the Connecticut River Conservancy
- 10am-5pm Demos of composting and other eco-friendly practices by the Center for EcoTechnology
- 3-5pm Interactive dinosaur activities with Jurassic Roadshow
- Kids’ games and recreational activities (all day)
- 6:30pm A welcome from State Senator Jo Comerford followed by a concert by The Nields
- Food, drinks, and ice cream will be available for purchase.
Sunderland Boat Ramp
Parking at Sunderland Library
20 School Street
Sunderland, MA 01375[Those wishing to participate in the Riverside Park Ribbon Cutting event at 9:30am should plan to arrive on site by 9:00am to get boats and gear to the launch area and park vehicles before the ribbon cutting.]