- This event has passed.
Springfield Museums, Dog Day
October 2, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am EDT
It’s your dog’s day out at the Springﬁeld Museums October 2 for Dog Day. From 9 to 10 am leashed, congenial dogs (and their owners) are invited to enjoy activities on the North Lawn. The cost is $5 per dog for nonmembers and $2 per dog for members of the Springfield Museums. Preregistration is required.
- Meet local trainers and learn about the variety of classes offered locally. From basic obedience to city behavior, agility, and tricks, watch demonstrations of the different skills dogs have learned and how they can be applied almost anywhere.
- Meet the volunteers of Bright Spot Therapy Dogs. Bright Spot trains dogs to interact and improve the lives of the humans around them. From nursing homes, to Read-to-a-Dog programs, these dogs do indeed brighten the lives of everyone around them.
- Learn about the dogs featured in the collections of the D’Amour Museum of Fine Arts and the Springfield Science Museum. Learn how to spot the difference between feline and canine tracks.
- Talk to our friends at Thomas J. O’Connor: Animal Control and Adoption Center, including a representative from their clients.
- Pet Photographer Sandy Skrocki will be on hand, ‘er paw, to take digital photos of your dog: first come, first serve.
Dog Day admission does not include museum admission. All human visitors are required to wear masks.