- This event has passed.
Springfield, Connecticut River Celebration
June 15 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Connecticut River Conservancy’s River Celebration is our annual event that celebrates the nationally-recognized Connecticut River watershed and the people who love it. Enjoy a day on the river with awesome excursions, activity booths, delicious local lunch, the Bud Foster awards ceremony, and engaging speakers. We’ll also share important news and updates from CRC.
Schedule of the day:
Choose ONE only:
- Dragon Boating 1: 10am – 11:15am (min. age 14)
- Dragon Boating 2: 10:30am – 11:45am (min. age 14)
- Learn-to-Row 1: 10am – 11:15am (min. age 14)
- Learn-to-Row 2: 10:30am – 11:45am (min. age 14)
- Guided Stroll on the Bike Path: 10am – 11am (all ages, wheelchair accessible)
- Group Paddle: 10am – 11:30am (all ages)
- Community Volunteer Opportunity: Plant trees and clean the shore line: 10am – 11am (all ages)
Activity Booths: 10am-12pm
Participate at each booth to get your passbook stamped. Complete the circuit and enter to win a prize! Here’s a sample of booths to explore:
- Water Quality in Action
- Bagshare Maker Space
- Advocacy Booth
- Love a Lamprey
- Kids’ Activities
- Dam Removal 101
- Fishing the River
- Film screening of CRC’s Source to Sea Jump-in Journey
- and more!
Live Music by members of the Springfield Central High School Jazz Band: 10am-12pm
Food Truck lunch by Sun Kim Bop: 11am-2pm
- Welcome from Andrew Fisk, CRC Executive Director
- Ben Quick, PVRC Director
- Springfield Mayor Domenic Sarno
- Youth rowers from PVRC share what the river means to them
- Bud Foster Awards Ceremony
- News & Announcements from CRC
Meet & Greet: 1pm
- Meet Kari Kastango, our Source to Sea SWIMMER. Kari will share her plan to swim the entire river!
Learn more and support Kari’s swim.
- Enjoy a bowl of ice cream scooped by CRC staff
Optional afternoon activities: 2pm til dusk (when the park closes)
- Launch your own canoe/kayak
- Take a stroll or bring your bike and head out on the Connecticut River Walk And Bikeway
Pioneer Valley Riverfront Club
121 West Street
Springfield, MA 01104
If you require accommodations please contact us: 413-772-2020 x211.