- This event has passed.
Smith College Museum of Art, Free Fun Friday!
Free Fun Friday- come and enjoy the Smith College Museum of Art for free!!
- Visit the welcome table for Discovery Cards, Family Art Bags, and a scavenger hunt for our artist-designed benches
- Take a selfie at our plastic jellies photo booth
- Add your thoughts and comments to our Talk Back wall on the museum’s lower level
- Get an up-close look at artwork on paper in the drawing cabinets on the 2nd and 3rd floors
11am: Meet in the lobby for a guided family activity in the galleries
11am – 2pm: Sun Kim Bop food truck offering Seoul Street Food! Enjoy lunch on our front patio
1-2:30pm: Recycling Remix with Bash the Trash
- Bash the Trash is a group of inventively creative musicians who make instruments from trash and other recycled materials. Bash the Trash has performed at Carnegie Hall, and with Yo Yo Ma. Their music is also part of the Broadway hit Once on This Island.
- Join 2 of their musicians for a show, hands-on instrument building, and a noisy and fun parade!
4-7pm: Hands-on! Art making for all ages
- Iridescent Art watercolor painting, inspired by artwork featured in Plastic Entanglements
- Free light refreshments provided
6pm: Open Eyes: Join educator Taiga Ermansons for a close look at Vic Muniz’s portrait of actress Sarah Bernhardt made with thousands of plastic toys. Open to all!
The Highland Street Foundation 11th annual Free Fun Fridays initiative, a summer program that offers visitors no-cost admission to many of the most treasured cultural venues in Massachusetts, from art museums to zoos.
Learn more about Free Fun Friday at www.highlandstreet.org.