- This event has passed.
Old Sturbridge Village, Music and Art
July 17 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm EDT
An event every day that begins at 9:30 am, repeating until July 17, 2022
Throughout history, art and music have served as a platform for expression, connection, documentation, and change. During Music and Art Weekend at the Village, learn about a variety of artistic pursuits, including song, watercolor, portraiture, sculpture, drawings, and other crafts. Listen to 19th-century music, learn about the history of violins and guitars, see our talented artists hard at work, watch demonstrations of profile cutting, and more.
Performances and demonstrations will include:*
- Listen to a selection of historical waltzes
- See demonstrations of landscape art, botanical watercolors, and pastel portraits in the style of Ruth Hanshaw Bascom
- Learn about the “hurdy gurdy” and hear a sampling of music played on one
- Watch profiles being skillfully cut
- Take a walking tour of Village art
- See the Old Sturbridge Village Dancers and Old Sturbridge Village Singers perform (Saturday only)
- See part of the process of reproducing an 1830s classical guitar (Sunday only)
- View artwork inspired by OSV and created by friends of the Village
*Subject to change; check back closer to the event for times and locations.
Kids Free Summer Returns to the Village
Experience more fun, more history, more sun, more play, and MORE SAVINGS this summer! Up to three kids 17 and younger are admitted for FREE* when accompanied by an adult paying full admission ($28) now through Labor Day.
Whether you come to see the sights of the season, meet our farm animals, marvel at the skills of our artisans, stroll through the gardens, listen to historical music, learn about New England history, enjoy family time, or any combination thereof, no two visits are alike! There’s so much to see, do, learn, and discover this summer at Old Sturbridge Village!