Old Sturbridge Village, Music and Art
July 16 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm EDT
An event every day that begins at 9:30 am, repeating until July 17, 2022
Throughout history, art and music have served as a platform for expression, connection, documentation, and change. During Music and Art Weekend at the Village, learn about a variety of artistic pursuits, including song, watercolor, portraiture, sculpture, drawings, and other crafts. Listen to 19th-century music, learn about the history of violins and guitars, see our talented artists hard at work, watch demonstrations of profile cutting, and more.
Performances and demonstrations will include:*
- Listen to a selection of historical waltzes
- See demonstrations of landscape art, botanical watercolors, and pastel portraits in the style of Ruth Hanshaw Bascom
- Learn about the “hurdy gurdy” and hear a sampling of music played on one
- Watch profiles being skillfully cut
- Take a walking tour of Village art
- See the Old Sturbridge Village Dancers and Old Sturbridge Village Singers perform (Saturday only)
- See part of the process of reproducing an 1830s classical guitar (Sunday only)
- View artwork inspired by OSV and created by friends of the Village
*Subject to change; check back closer to the event for times and locations.