- This event has passed.
Holyoke’s Annual First Night Jr. New Year’s Eve Celebration
December 31, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm EST
It’s our 22nd Annual First Night Junior we will be open from 10:00am – 4:00pm. Join the Holyoke Merry-Go-Round, Children’s Museum at Holyoke, and the Holyoke Heritage State Park as we celebrate ringing in the New Year with all of the children. For only $8.00 per person, including parents, you can ride the Merry-Go-Round all day, attend all of the events, and play in the Children’s Museum until your heart is content. We have been doing this for 22 years…..it’s a family tradition, it’s fun, you can’t miss it!!
The $8 admission provides:
- unlimited rides on the Merry-Go-Round; Activities include watching Mike Rondeau create a shiny ice sculpture outside in the park, 11 a.m.; riding with Elsa, Anna, and Baby Shark, 11 a.m.-noon; face painting by The Happy Face Painter, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.; balloon sculpting by Clowntique, noon to -2 p.m.; riding with Woody and Buzz from “Toy Story,” 12:30-1:30 p.m., and riding with Captain America, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- unlimited access to The Children’s Museum at Holyoke, where they will also have Elsa, Anna, and Baby Shark visiting from 10-11 a.m., face painting from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., the Drummin and Hummin Show with Jordan Johnson from 12:15-1:15 p.m., and Woody, Buzz and Captain America will visit from 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- admission to the Volleyball Hall of Fame;
- The park’s Visitors Center will host a reptile show from 10 a.m.-noon and again from 1-3 p.m., along with a visit from children’s entertainer Roger Tincknell from noon-1 p.m.
- New York City style ball drop by Mayor Alex B. Morse with music from the Holyoke High School Marching Band at 4p.m.