- This event has passed.
Bright Nights at Forest Park, 25th Season
December 18, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - January 1, 2019 @ 11:00 pm
Bright Nights at Forest Park has grown and become known as the Northeast’s premier holiday lighting experience. It has been named seven times as one of the Top 100 Attractions in North America by the American Bus Association, listed on People.com as “One of the Top Ten Holiday Happenings in America,” and been featured in the New York Times, and magazine that include Motorhome, Colonial Homes, Yankee and U.S. Airways, as well as on Yahoo.com.
Bright Nights at Forest Park has 400 pieces illuminated by 650,000 colorful bulbs – many refitted with colorful bright LED lights – along the nearly three-mile drive through Springfield’s enchanted forest.
November 21, 2018 – January 1, 2019.
Sunday through Thursday – 5PM to 9PM.
Friday, Saturday and Holidays* – 5PM to 11PM.
New Year’s Day – 5PM to 9PM (Closed November 26 and 27).
Among the many additional special activities awaiting visitors throughout the Bright Nights season include:
- Supper with Santa – Dec. 9 and 16 in the Barney Carriage House. There are seatings at 5:30, 6, 6:30 and 7 p.m. Tickets are priced at $20 per person, $15 for children under 12.
- Public Safety Night – On Nov. 28, there is free admission for first responders, including active military, law enforcement officers, firefighters and emergency medical service personnel with valid ID. The event is sponsored by Columbia Gas of Massachusetts.
- Loyalty Card Holder Night – $5 car admission on Dec. 3 for Loyalty Card Holders. Visit to signs up for a free loyalty card offering several benefits.
- Holiday Car Lighting Contest – Deck your car’s dashboard with boughs of holly and wrap your car in lights and other decorations on Dec. 12. Visit for more information or call Spirit of Springfield weekdays at (413) 733-3800
- Craft Nights – Kids can stop into the Bright Nights Gift Shop and make a free personalized stocking on Dec 3, 4, 11 and 12, or make a cute penguin ornament after Santa is back at the North Pole from Dec. 25 to Jan 1.
- Zoo in Forest Park Open House – On Dec. 5, Bright Night’s visitors can stop into the zoo and see a few of their animals on display. There will also be carolers and the gift shop will be open.
- Photos with Santa – Nightly through Dec. 24 when Santa heads back to the North Pole at 9 p.m. to pack his sleigh for Christmas Eve. Professional photo packages begin at $24.99
Nostalgic horse-drawn carriage rides, perfect for a romantic encounter through Bright Nights, are available Thursdays, Nov. 29, Dec. 6, 13 and 20, and Fridays, Nov. 30, Dec. 7, 14 and 21. Carriage rides, which hold up to four people, are $100 whether for one person or four. The 30-minute ride travels through the upper portion of the park only.
For those who prefer to rough it, there is also a horse-drawn wagon ride running Dec. 7, 8 and 9, which holds 20 people. There are benches and blankets if there is a chill in the air, but it’s not a hayride. Rides are $10 and $8 for children under 12.
Wagon and carriage rides depart every 30 minutes. To make a reservation for the carriage or to reserve the entire wagon for $125, contact the Spirit of Springfield weekdays at (413) 733-3800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday through Thursday – $18 per car
Friday through Sunday and Holidays* – $21 per car
Limousine – $25
Mini Buses (seating capacity of 17-31) – $75
Buses (seating capacity 31+) – $150
November 21 Opening Night Special
Admission Price is $6, same as our opening year in 1995!
Bright Nights Loyalty Card Holders – Free
Coupons and discounted admission not accepted
December 4 and 11 Only – $10 Tuesdays
Coupons not accepted
Big Y World Class Market Advance Tickets
$14.50 with your Silver Savings Club Card at participating stores.
Save $3 PRINT THIS MONEY SAVING COUPON AND BRING IT WITH YOU TO THE TICKET GATE.
All major credit cards accepted at Bright Nights
*Holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day