Adventure East, Full Moon Paddle
October 9 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm EDT
Enjoy an evening paddle along the Connecticut River bathed in the light of the stars and the full moon as we make our way from Sunderland to the Hatfield Boat Ramp.
This 6 – mile excursion is already quite gorgeous but paddling under the stars at night makes this experience even more special. There’s nothing quite like the sights and sounds of the Connecticut River on a warm summer night, lit by the moon and surrounded by the sounds of nocturnal wildlife. Though our boats will be outfitted with colorful, LED lights, we will have several “lights out” periods where we can really take in and enjoy the crisp moonlight.
While this paddle is typically considered to be Beginner-friendly, the evening does make it a bit more challenging; we ask that you have previous tour kayaking experience if you’d like to join us for this unique opportunity to paddle underneath one of the beautiful, summer full moons this year.
- < 12 with guardian in the same tandem kayak
12-15 accompanied on the experience by guardian
16-17 with liability waiver signed by guardian
- Adventure East reserves the right to evaluate all paddlers for skill levels and group dynamics to make a final decision on suitability for the experience.
- Fitness Level:
- Moderate – Able to paddle at a moderate pace for 45 minutes, able to swim at least 10 yards cross-current unassisted
- Skill Level:
- Intermediate – Previous tour kayaking experience or an Adventure East Intro to Kayaking course completion is required
- Dates and times for this experience vary. Please see our calendar for all available dates and times.