- This event has passed.
Adventure East, Deerfield River Paddle
May 27 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am EDT
This beautiful five-mile kayak tour on the lower Deerfield is the perfect way to pass a spring or summer afternoon. Just 20 minutes from our base in Sunderland brings us to a remote wilderness like area just north of Conway. Woodland forests line the banks of the Deerfield River and there are a few sections of fast-moving Class I rapids to add some excitement to our paddle. Leaving the woodlands, we arrive to the pastures of Deerfield, and we take out in the heart of Deerfield’s rich farm country.
DEERFIELD RIVER PADDLE
- Price: $95
- Age: < 12 with guardian in the same tandem kayak
12-15 accompanied on the experience by guardian
16-17 with liability waiver signed by guardian
- Adventure East reserves the right to evaluate all paddlers for skill levels and group dynamics to make a final decision on suitability for the experience.
- Fitness Level: Moderate – Able to paddle at a moderate pace for 30 minutes without a break, able to swim at least 10 yards cross-current unassisted
- Skill Level: Intermediate – Comfortable control of your boat in moving water to follow guide directions in avoiding hazards
- Dates/Times: This experience runs on every other Saturday, May through October. Please check our calendar for all dates. Starts at 1pm