Adventure East, Deerfield River Paddle
October 29 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 1:00 pm on Saturday, repeating until October 29, 2022
This beautiful five-mile kayak tour on the lower Deerfield is the perfect way to pass a spring or summer afternoon. Just 20 minutes from our base in Sunderland brings us to a remote wilderness like area just north of Conway. Woodland forests line the banks of the Deerfield River and there are a few sections of fast-moving Class I rapids to add some excitement to our paddle. Leaving the woodlands, we arrive to the pastures of Deerfield, and we take out in the heart of Deerfield’s rich farm country.
- Price: $95
- Age: < 12 with guardian in the same tandem kayak
12-15 accompanied on the experience by guardian
16-17 with liability waiver signed by guardian
- Adventure East reserves the right to evaluate all paddlers for skill levels and group dynamics to make a final decision on suitability for the experience.
- Fitness Level: Moderate – Able to paddle at a moderate pace for 30 minutes without a break, able to swim at least 10 yards cross-current unassisted
- Skill Level: Intermediate – Comfortable control of your boat in moving water to follow guide directions in avoiding hazards
- Dates/Times: This experience runs on every other Saturday, May through October. Please check our calendar for all dates. Starts at 1pm